Sunday, November 30, 2008

Moving In

Welcome to the blog A IS A. My Name is Rhea Jones (that's pronounced "ray", in case you were wondering) and I will be your host as we explore whatever comes to mind. The boxes are still stacked in the middle of the rooms and no pictures have yet been hung on the walls, so I do hope you will be a little patient with me as we get settled in here. I'm going to take a little time (and possibly a few posts) to introduce myself and give you some idea of what to expect before we actually move into the serious business of blogging.
First, let me assure you, whether or not you have seen my name before, I am not new to this. I have been blogging for many years (even including long before it became known as "blogging") only I have done so under psuedomnyms. The most recent pseudonym, and one with which you may be familiar, was Ailill Farraideach. I state this here so that it will be possible to reference things I have written in the past without having to dredge up the entire history at that time and so that there is no misdirected feeling that I am changing names in order to hide from anything I have written in the past. I am not and I am very proud of the time that I have spent writing under that name. I am making this move because I feel it is time to lay aside the pseudonyms and place my name on my opinions. If you and I are to become acquainted, let us begin correctly. I am Rhea Jones. This is who I am and this is what I believe.
Having said that, I hope that you will take the time to get to know me. Of course, I also hope that you will allow me the time to get things put together here before you make any snap judgments. Things will look a little plain for a while, but I assure you it will all come together. Allow me to unpack the boxes and hang a few pictures - and maybe even get a cozy fire going in the fireplace - and then we will see what happens. I hope you will visit often and I will endeavor to give you reason to visit often.

Edit: For those who might be new arrivals, I should have mentioned that the previous works, from the pseudonym Ailill Farraideach, can be viewed at Ailill Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment